- reaffirms department and City of Chicago vehicle policies with regard to the use of Chicago FIre Department (CFD) vehicles;
- outlines when companies can leave quarters and by whose authority;
- rescinds General Order 07-003: Authorized Use of Fire Department Vehicles; and
- becomes effective January 24, 2013
- Fire, EMS, auxiliary, and Logistics vehicles shall leave designated quarters only under the following conditions:
- dispatched by Office of Emergency Management and Communications (OEMEC);
- dispatched or instructed by a chief officer to attend training;
- dispatched or instructed by the OEMC or instructed by a Chief Officer for the purpose of repairs or maintenance to a designated Department of Fleet and Facility Management site;
- driver's training, with approval of a Chief Officer; or
- administrative functions approved by a Chief Officer.
- Upon completion of an assignment, units will immediately return to quarters without delay, unless otherwise directed by the OEMC or a Chief Officer.
- Cell phone use in city vehicles is prohibited, unless conducting official CFD business.
- Drivers must be in possession of their Illinois Driver's License and City identification card.
- The policy of the CFD is that CFD vehicles will be used as prescribed by the Fire Commissioner to serve the emergency needs of the citizens of Chicago.
- All members using a department vehicle will comply with the following general orders:
- General Order 05-001 Utilization of Seat Belts
- General Order 06-003 Department Accident Policy
- General Order 06-013 Drivers License Requirements